Thursday, November 13, 2008

SNE Quest - Nov 13: A short detour, and other options!

VPP COUNT: 834371

I moved down to 100NL for a short period of time, just because of how awful the table selection always was at 200NL. Though I ran a bit better at 100NL, it just did not give as many vpps/hand as I need to be able to finish this thing. Back to 200NL it is for me.

I was extremely happy with my play today, and hope I can keep it up. My spirits are still fairly high even though I run so bad.

I've also discovered these "Double or Nothing" tournaments, which are barely even poker. They're a pretty good way for me to boost the number of VPPs I bring in, and can be done much more casually than FRNL. Essentially, they're just elaborate coin flips (with an edge of course), but they bring in some OK vpps.

This will also be a nice backup option if FRNL just gets too unbearably tight. The 52$ buyin DoNs arent high enough, but the 104$ ones could turn into a pretty significant VPP rate. Not sure if it's a good idea yet, but it is nice to have a backup plan....besides shortstacking that is.

I'll be getting in a whole bunch of hours today, and hopefully tomorrow as well, because I'll be gone most of Saturday.

Closer and closer every day...

5 comments:

Vedast said...

I tried the DoN's too, but you don't really get many VPP's per hour, unless you are capable of playing a lot of them at the same time.

Belok said...

playing a lot of them at the same time, you say?

Well, sir - that is my specialty!

I finished my first Cardrunners vid and sent it in...as long as they like it, it should be up in the near future!

Look forward to "Mass Tabling" :)

The Eureka Kid said...

The DoN's are great for VPPs, but I would contend that if the FR games are pretty dry the DoN's will be tough too. The times I've played them I've actually ahd a couple of regs I recognise from FR, as well as guys that are already apparently mega-tabling these things and are are registered in the next 15 set to run.

Unknown said...

At the same time those regulars have a TON of leaks when it comes to the structure of the DON's. I have only played about 300 on Stars but even some of the "good" SNG players were making some huge mistakes. I do not think you would have any issue breaking even at them just in order to gain the FPPS during crunch time and would most likely have a positive ROI.

Jaysick88

philliesphan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.