Saturday, September 01, 2007

Update - I Win a Donkament!

Actually, I got 3rd... But it still feels like a win to me.

August was going to be the best month of poker I ever had, and then it got better!

With the advice of my friend Bojazi, I decided to turn last Sunday into a tournament day. I entered a few 180man tourneys on Stars, the 11+1R on Stars, and the 100$ 100k guaranteed on Bodog.

After busting out early in all of the Stars tournaments, I was pretty POed. But I still had a decent stack in the 100k, so I kept with it and kept focusing. I got close, and had a few lucky hands along the way, but I finally hit the final table.

I played amazingly on that final table. Stole and re-stole blinds at the perfect times. The cards didn't even really matter (I think the best hand I had during the whole final table was AQs).
By the time it got down to 3 players, I was 2nd in chips. I believe the chipcount was about 1mil/700k/350k. I still support every move I made during the final 3.
I got it all in with 99 vs the shortstacks' JTo, and he doubled up, leaving me with only 300k chips. I then went all in with 99 vs the chip leaders 79s. A 9 flopped, but after the turn and river, there was a 5flush on the board - leaving us with a split. One final all in with my A9o vs A7o chipleader. There was a 7 on the flop, and that was the game.

I still wonder what it would have been like if I came out ahead in any of those 3 dominating situations, but I am still very happy with the 9000$ prize for 3rd I received. By far my biggest score.

I ended August as a record month, with nearly 23k in total winnings. It came in perfect time too - as the baby is due in less than 3 months. A friend of the family is selling us his used 2002 Highlander, and this easily covers it.



As for today - September started with a huge BANG. Despite losing the 2nd biggest hand of my life with KK vs AA, double stacked at the NL400 table - I still ended the day at +500, and +94 from both of the stars weekly freerolls.

Also today, I hit my 2nd 1-outer ever.
55 vs KK - Board - AK557

So I am extremely excited about August, and this upcoming September. If I continue to reach my goals, I will have a record breaking year. Updates to follow!

No comments: