Monday, November 24, 2008

SNE Quest - Nov 24: Bouncing around

VPP COUNT: 877061

Well, i've been exploring my other options in DoNs and ShortStacking for the past few days. It has been interesting, and fairly difficult to transition to multitabling in each of these styles.

DoNs might actually end up being the most profitable of the 3 for me, but I only make about 400-500 VPPs/hr depending on how many are running.
FRNL is probably my second best option as far as table winnings, and brings me about 600-650 VPPs/hr.
Shortstacking is my last resort, with the lowest expected return, but about 900-950 VPPs/hr.

It really has been discouraging seeing the diminishing returns as the year has gone on. It makes me not want to do SNE next year, because to get the amount of VPPs/hr needed, you need to play either very high stakes, or mass table. All of the mass tabling options are being exhausted by other players, because of how easy it is to make a high $/hr income with a simple strategy. So all of these games will be extremely overrun by competent players, and it will only be worse in 2009.

My game will need to evolve again in 2009 if I want to advance. While SNE is an amazing 110k over the year (and about 135k if I were to repeat in 09) it really hinders my ability to experiment, play less tables, and increase my win rate.

Next year, that is what i'll be focusing on. If it doesnt work out so well, I can always take another shot at SNE, because I know I could do it again. I'll know by February if it is worth it to me.

I expect to be over 900k points by the end of November. I'd love to finish before christmas.

5 comments:

The Eureka Kid said...

So are you saying that you estimate by Dec 31 you will have made 110k for the year including play and bonuses?

Anonymous said...

Seems like it would only include bonuses, milestones, and tourney package money, not what he wins from the games he plays.

Belok said...

http://www.houseofillusion.com/sne.asp

SNE package is worth 110k in bonus/prizes alone if you start as a Supernova. It is worth 135k if you were SNE already and accomplish it again.

Belok said...

Actually I guess the value went up to 114k.

I think they increased the buyin of the WCOOP entry...

TheGraveWolf said...

Belok - Just found this blog. Really enjoyed reading it from the beginning and good luck through the rest of the year. I'll be following along.

TheGraveWolf (We've played a couple times at 200nl)