Sunday, March 02, 2008

SNE FEBRUARY

Hours: 120.4
Hands: 148859
VPPS: 187795


February started out pretty slow, but ended strong. I have definitely honed my game even more, and learned a few more tricks that will up my hourly rate and help me reach SNE.

SHORTSTACKING
I put in about 80k hands at 6max this month. I ended up with a very nice hourly rate, and a good VPP rate. It also gives pretty much 0 satisfaction and does very little to further your game. Plus, everybody hates you. If something comes up and I cannot cut it at the full ring tables, I would fall back on this. Otherwise, you wont be seeing me shorting much any more.

24-TABLING
Just when I thought I wouldn't play more than 18 tables, I upped my max again. I'm really happy with my ability to maintain my solid game while playing all of these tables. This upped my VPP rate, and I'll probably be doing it for the rest of the year.

LEAP DAY
PokerStars did a double VPP promotion on Leap Day, and did not give much notice. I learned about it at about 7am on the day of. As soon as I learned, I decided to devote the entire day to earning as many VPPs as possible. After 13 hours of play, I put in over 20k hands, and earned over 18k VPPs before the 24h period was up. This was a tremendous boost to my quest, and gave me some much needed cushion. I'll be going to Vancouver in less than 3 weeks, and would like to have at least a 20k point cushion - which I do!

CONCIERGE
I already purchased my Vancouver trip via concierge, and in the next week or so, I think I'll be doing the same for my Maui Honeymoon in September. I've been working up some major FPPs lately. At the end of April, I should have the FPPs to cover the wedding as well :)

Not the best month, but still a very very good one.

Now in March, I have 3 weeks to make 4 weeks worth of profit. Bring it on.

No comments: