Monday, February 25, 2008

SNE Quest - Feb 25: An odd week

VPP COUNT: 159447

I've been slacking on my blog posts, and have skipped a few pretty significant poker days.

I had an extremely large upswing on Thursday, making my second largest cash day ever.

Unfortunately, the following Friday and Saturday took away about 3/4ths of that.

I'm getting pretty sick of short-stacking. In the long run my hourly still is higher than when I play my normal game, but my normal game is more satisfying.

So today, I put in a session of 24-tabling full-ring NL. 200 and 400 buyin tables only. To make up for the lack of screen space, I switched to cascaded tables instead of tiled. This caused a surprising change in my play. The way the tables are laid out when cascaded, they are overlapping, and pop up when you need to make a decision. This way, I am not using the automatic "check-fold" boxes so habitually.

My stats went from a super-nitty 13/11 to a solid 16/13. I was very happy with my ability to play more tables, and possibly taking advantage of some more mediocre spots that I overlook when I play my normal 18-table tiled setting.

Unfortunately, I ran like hell. Just one of those days where you can't win nomatter how well you play. By the end of the day, my AA, KK, and JJ hands had lost for me overall. Not very easy to overcome an ugly run like that. Despite the bad streak, I continued to maintain my 16/13 style over 24 tables - resulting in about 25% more hands per hour.

Despite running like hell, I'm somewhat looking forward to playing tomorrow. Every time I mix my game up, it boosts my motivation for a while. 24-tabling is a nice mix up.

No comments: