Wednesday, February 13, 2008

SNE Quest - Day 41-42: Snow day

VPP COUNT: 122590

Most of the rest of Evansville was stuck in their house, as the road conditions have been terrible these past few days. We are actually trapped in our backyard, because the gates to the fence have frozen to the ground. During poker breaks, it is pretty fun to just stare out the window and watch cars fumble down the street.


I put in about 6 hours yesterday, and 2 the day before. I am still thoroughly enjoying the 6max game, and continue to get ridiculous plays out of the premium tables. Here are a couple funny hands...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2095470 - OMG OVERPAIR
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2095473 - Gutshot with 1 card to come...NUTS!

Unfortunately, I am still running at about 13/12, which is very very weak-tight for 6max games. I'd love to be about 16/14, but with the # of hands I play, it is more difficult to find those more marginal situations to act on.

I also only have 36 hours logged in February, and I should be around 60-70. February has ALWAYS been a slow month for me, even before I started playing poker. Something about the cold weather I guess slows me down. I'm still doing alright, and am still on pace for SNE, but I definitely can't expect to achieve my goal if i repeat these last couple weeks.


In personal news, Sophy is sick for the first time. She has been in good spirits for the most part, but occasionally has a bad coughing fit which makes it hard to keep down food. Having a sick baby in the house makes just about everything a little more difficult.

No comments: