Wednesday, July 02, 2008

SNE QUEST - July 2: Halfway there

VPP COUNT: 500067

Well, July 1 marks the half-way point in the year (less days in Feb), and it is also the first day since late March that I am ahead of pace! Pretty nice to know that I can hit the halfway point after taking a vacation, taking care of a baby, and all of the other random distractions of new-family-hood.

The 2xVPP promotion has been kind of a mixed experience. During the early hours, the tables are absolutely awful. The average stats at almost all of my tables just hovered around 15/10 and the fish were scarce. I really think that my win rate suffered more than the 2xVPPs helped. The tables were so significantly tighter, the VPP rate actually decreased drastically. I generally average about 750-800vpps/hr when 24tabling, so I assumed I'd be getting about 1500/hr today. It was more like 1200 though, because so few hands even went to the flop.

Oh well, I'm just a little bitter that I ran badly. It is very good that I am back ahead of pace, and the remainder of this promotion will help me get a nice lead. Ideally, I'd like to get about 40 hours in the next 5 days.

It's hitting me how easy this challenge really is, if poker is your full time job. The # of elites will probably grow significantly in the next few years as everybody starts to find out how easy it is to make a huge amount of $ and travel the world.

I'm predicting July to be my best month ever. Between the 2xVPP promotion, the fact that i'll hit the 5k and 6k milestones within this month, and just the sheer volume of hands I plan on putting in, it would take a hell of a dry run to have a bad July.

No comments: