Friday, May 02, 2008

SNE Quest - May 2: I wanna be like Kelisitaan

VPP COUNT: 283998

I have been playing a very solid amount of poker these past 4 days. Still 24 tabling, still pulling in a nice pile of green, still pulling in about 750vpps per hour.

"Kelisitaan" is a player who arguably has one of the highest sustainable $/hr win rates of any online poker player. This guy posts his graphs at the end of the month in the Stars Regulars thread on 2+2, and has proved that he can break 100k$ 5 months in a row. He will also more than likely be a SNE by the end of the year.

The interesting thing is, Keli uses a style that was pretty much considered bad play until a few months ago. He min-raises a lot preflop, which allows him to be more aggressive when stealing blinds, and gives him more maneuverability because the initial pot size starts much smaller. I decided to "adopt" his strategy, and mix it in with my own. I'll probably be using this hybrid min-raising strategy for at least the first week of May, and comparing results.

If May 1st was an indicator of how effective this strategy will be - I may make it a permanent piece of my game.

Thank you, Kelisitaan! By coming out and showing us your success, you've undoubtedly inspired dozens of future copycats :).

No comments: