Saturday, May 24, 2008

SNE Quest - May 24: Best month ever.

VPP COUNT: 365106

I've been doing extremely well this past week, and even with 1 week left in the month, May '08 is already the best month I've ever had.

On Thursday, I decided to look over my stats for the year at 400$ buyin and above. I had ~115k hands worth of data, and it was very clear that I am ahead of those games. For whatever reason, I've been playing primarily $200 buyin for the majority of the year. I guess it is just easy to get comfortable when you are at a level you are 100% sure you can beat, and moving up can be a bit more intimidating. Not any more.

So, from Thursday until today, more than 80% of my played hands were at NL400 or above. I still had 20% NL200 because in the mornings you cant always get 24 tables at higher stakes.

I've been on a very nice upswing since I moved up as well, with about 30k hands logged in the past 3 days. Despite quite a few large+disappointing hands, I've just been blowing these tables away. This means more VPPs and more $ per hour of work.

Lately, I've been making more "outside the box" plays as well, and fighting harder in more marginal situations. I've actually been caught bluffing a few times, which rarely used to happen before. This has been helping my image, and helping me get looser calls.

I'm only ~30k VPPs away from being on pace now. Really making progress. By the end of June, I should easily be back ahead of schedule, barring any burnout episodes.


On top of being extra-productive at the tables, Mary and I have fixed up our yard big-time. Thanks to Stars' concierge service for "paying" for the supplies. It has also been much easier for me to balance family with work lately. It is probably easy because I don't have many other distractions at the moment.

I'd like to end this blog post with some words of praise for the PokerStars Concierge Service. They have been extremely flexible and prompt with all of my requests. Having intelligent and helpful customer service has been such a breath of fresh air (compared to -many- other sites), and has made the SNE challenge more enjoyable. Kudos.

No comments: