Wednesday, May 07, 2008

SNE QUEST - May 7: 300k VPP Milestone!

VPP COUNT: 300031

I hit this milestone about a month late, but it's all good.

For the past 10 days or so, I have been back to my usual routine, and have averaged about 5h/day. After the 6th full day of May, I've put in 30 hours, and that is including a day-off.

The results for May have been pretty solid so far as well. My "Kelisitaan Style" (which mostly just consists of open min-raising and stealing more) had proven to be pretty effective so far. I'm seeing about a 30% increase in my win rate. This is even after the fact that I have been running bad at the 400+ buyin games, but good at the 200$ games. I also only have a 43k sample size - which is maybe half of what I'd like to have a comfortable estimate.

24-tabling has already become the norm for me, and quite frankly, I feel like I could play more tables. 24 is a good number though, because to make another significant increase in vpps/hr would require enough tables that I would not be able to concentrate nearly as well. So the ~750vpps/hr range is a great place to stay for a while.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus mate, how do you manage to play 24 tables? I'm assuming you're using a HUD and playing positional poker with the PAHUD stats as some sort of guide?

I used to only play 4 but have started adding more tables this month and my PokerTracker tells me MT ratio is 8.03 but I've started 12 tabling now so this will go up.

Are you using the AutoHotScripts too? Sorry for all the questions but I'maamazed by you guys who run somany tables!

Belok said...

I have been gradually increasing the number of tables I play since I started.

People usually make the transition from 1 -> 4 pretty quickly, but past that, you really just need to train yourself to do more.

I think you may have inspired me to make a post about 24tabling and the necessary tools to make it happen.

Check back later - I'm going to make this happen :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Belok

Nice blog, been playing a fair bit with you recently at 2-4/3-6 and I'd be interested to hear your comments about 24 tabling. I tend to play upto 10 at a time and thinking about grinding some more to up the $/hr. Fwiw I'm the guy who made the overshove with the nut flush the otherday lol. GL :)

Belok said...

Hey Ammirilion (i think i remembered that right) :)

Anonymous said...

Yep Amarillion it is :) Hoped it looked like a desperate 2 pair/bare ace isolation, tough to get away from your hand - I don't think I pass there. See you at the tables. A

Anonymous said...

Kelisitaan style+24 tabling= sick accomplishmnt.v nice. but pls dont educate the opponents/fishies too much!!

Belok said...

Amarillion - It was pretty much the perfect play to make vs my hand. Nice soul read ;) I think I should have folded it though, as I barely had anything invested.

Mardagg - I'm pretty sure Keli 24-tables himself :) I didn't jack his entire strategy though, just the minraise and a few post-flop quirks.