Sunday, December 30, 2007

SNE Prep: 10 hours before the end of 2007!

I was only able to put in 5 hours yesterday, and the session went extremely well.

Despite the 2 biggest hands of the day being bad beats or coolers, I ended the day with a very nice profit.

I had Q9s vs ATs on a Q9x board. ATs was played by a reg, who absolutely butchered the hand. It was 3-way on the flop. Random donk lead out about 25 into a 40$ pot. Reg calls, I raise it to about 125 with my top 2. Donk folds, and Reg just pushes his bare A high flush draw. I was about 66% to win when the money went in, but he caught his flush and won the 850$ pot. If anything, this hand gives me more confidence that the 400$ games are more beatable than I originally thought.

I played EXCELLENT poker yesterday. If I could keep playing that well for all of 2008, I will be a very rich man by the end of the year. I didn't skip a beat. Layed down my overpairs at the perfect times. Took down many more uncontested small pots than usual. My attempt to steal was about 42% by the end of the day, which is great for FR tables. What a great day.

I will be playing about 10 more hours of poker before the new year, and I am already significantly ahead of my year-end goal. Barring a massive downswing over the next day, I would say that this year has been a great success.

No comments: