Wednesday, December 19, 2007

BODOG: Letting the cat out of the bag.

Well, I kept this secret mostly to myself throughout the year. Now that Bodog has decided to willingly screw up their software, lose their PT support, and randomly crash while I'm in a hand - I have decided to leave the site.

The information included in this post could be used by many of you new grinders to increase your $/hr in a very big way. Of my close friends who I let in on this little secret, ALL of them saw an extreme increase in their earn over a large sample.

For those of you who play 8+ tables and are reliant on HUDs, this probably won't effect you very much.

**Bodog has the absolute best table selection at mid-high stakes that I have ever seen.**


Over a sample of ~400k hands on PokerStars 100NL(mostly) and 200NL, my earn was about 3.2ptbb/100. Pretty decent considering the toughness of the tables.

My 109k hand sample at Bodog showed returns of a whopping 7.1ptbb/100. This win-rate is pretty much unheard of for long term FR players. About 60% of my play was at 200NL and the rest was played higher. I even played a few thousand hands at 1000NL, which went very well. The 200NL game on Bodog plays like the 50NL tables on PokerStars. That is how extreme the difference is.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



For most of you multi-tabling grinders, this wont make a difference. If you can 12+ table for 2+ptbbs, you're better off staying where you are.

For the mid-level players who aren't pulling a great win rate, or don't play very many tables (or for all of the tuff_fish's out there) There is absolutely no reason for you to stay with Stars/FTP. Non-Americans would probably have the same result with iPoker, Boss, etc. Even if you can't get rakeback on the smaller sites, in the long run it will probably be worth it for you to make the move.

I wish someone had given me this advice around the time of the UIGEA. My bankroll would be much bigger right now.

No comments: