Thursday, December 20, 2007

SNE Prep: Lost a little momentum, still diong well

I was only able to get 5 hours in yesterday. It still added up to about 6k hands, but I was intending on putting in 10 hours to make up for the 2 I missed on Tuesday. So far, my preparation for the SNE challenge has consisted of:

Monday: 8 hrs
Tuesday: 6 hrs
Wednesday: 5 hrs

...for a total of just over 21K hands.

I'm probably going to have to figure out a more efficient system. I should be pulling in hands at a rate of 40k/week every week if I want to reach SNE next year. Ideally, I would like to put in 50k/week to give myself some room for emergencies, vacation, etc. To reach this, I'd need to put in something like 45 hours, which should be very doable. If all goes according to plan, I could have Sat/Sun free, which should hopefully be enough.

I'm still anticipating some major burnout, loss of motivation, maybe even depression before this thing is over. When it comes down to it, I put in about 1200 hours in 2007, and I didn't even push myself very hard. I fully think I'm capable of pulling this off.

When this crazy Christmas season is over, it will be much easier to find time to put in those hours. Christmas has become a ridiculous monstrosity, and having a baby makes everything 10x more hectic.

We are having 4 Christmases this year. 4. We might as well convert to Judaism with my sister and do the Hanukkah thing.

Sophy is doing better about falling asleep for longer periods of time at night. We had to start doing it the hard way and letting her cry it out (when there was nothing actually wrong).

That's it for me today. Will probably be able to sneak ~4-6 hours in after Christmas shopping.

No comments: