Thursday, November 30, 2006

Downswings kill my soul


This is a graph of my winnings (or lack thereof) since Oct 1. The huge drop in the beginning was 200NL 6max on PartyPoker, which i am still beating over a huge sample size of i think 140k hands. The gradual upswing is when I moved to PokerStars and started grinding my way back up. The recent downswing is playing the same game at PokerStars...except getting repeatedly ass-raped.

I dont know what is causing it. I go over every major hand after every session I play to see if I could improve anything. I am a damn good player, and have been doing this professionally for almost 3 years. I'm in a pretty bad spot financially right now, and this is just a serious kick in the teeth for me.

If things dont improve drastically by the end of December, this may be the end of poker for me... Unfortunately, I've got a monthly nut that cant be filled by any other job I'm qualified for at the moment...hopefully I can break into Internet Marketing and make some decent money before my well runs dry.

No comments: