Tuesday, November 14, 2006

More downswings, Hefeweizen, Brown Ale, and Black Lager

Another narsty day of poker for me.... I think 3 bad days in a row will automatically put me in a bad mood. Seeing as I play a very low-variance style, in a very low-variance game (full ring NL), I get pretty cranky when i have more than 3 losing days in a row. Especially when I endure the beats I did today. See my earlier post for a nice example :P


Tonight, Mary and I returned Capote to the video store, and started watching "Derailed" with Clive Owen and that chick from Friends. This movie really was not the thing I needed for the crappy mood I was already in. Charlie (Clive Owen) played a pretty decent guy who was just being beaten down by an awful series of events. I did not even finish the movie. Charlie was about to have an affair with what'sername. Then they get robbed. She gets raped. All sorts of rape, murder, and awful bullshit happens to Charlie. I get fed up with this depressing movie and turn it off.


On our way home from the video store, I picked up a Samuel Adams Mix Pack, containing 2 of each - Hefeweizen, Brown Ale, and Black Lager. I've had one of each now, and must say that I am very impressed with Sam Adams. These guys make some high-quality beer. Before these 3, I've tried their Lite beer and Summer Ale. The Summer Ale was amazing. Very smooth with a light citrus flavor to it. My favorite of these new 3 is the Hefeweizen. It is a cloudy gold color, a little bit sweet, and very enjoyable. The Brown Ale and Black Lager are also great, but I haven't developed as much of a taste for darker beers as I have for the lighter ones.


I decided to continue the Star Wars Trilogy and watch "The Empire Strikes Back" tonight. I think I can say that this is the best of the 6 films released. Though, from what I've heard - episodes 7 through 9 are in development. Having played the videogame versions of episode 7 and 8, I am looking forward to these future episodes. The stories, though cheesy and simple, should offer plenty of Jedi v Jedi fights and entertaining scenes. I was enthusiastic about Episode I as well....so lets hope Lucas does a better job with these.

Poker, Star Wars, Beer, and Eggs... I sure do blog about nerdy mundane subjects...

Until the next nerdacious topic sparks my fancy... later all.

No comments: