Thursday, January 17, 2008

SNE Quest - Day 16: Finding Time

VPP COUNT: 57141

It is starting to become much more difficult to find enough free hours in the day to keep up this challenge. I only put in 3.5h yesterday (the 16th). Mary is going to class now, and there are still the many obligations of having a baby. I've still only cleared about 20 hours this week, and need to really pick it up if I want to be at 40+ by the end of Saturday.

Overall for the year, I have a total of 113k hands played. This is a pretty damn solid sample size, and also a pretty accurate indicator of what my hourly rate will be (assuming my play does not improve).

Fortunately, even over these 113k hands, I have already noticed a big improvement in my game. At first, I wasn't nearly as comfortable 18-tabling, and was much more tight than I needed to be. I ran at about 13/10-14/10 for the first week while I was getting situated. This past week, I've been running at about 16/12 with much more aggression and much more steal attempts. The more aggression, the better.

Mary is busy again today (the 17th), and once again it will be a challenge to get in a full 8 hours. By Saturday night, I would like to break 70k total vpps, but I expect to be closer to around 68k. At this pace, I will be well over 100k by the end of January - which is an amazing start.

No comments: