Thursday, January 24, 2008

SNE Quest - Day 24: Shortstacking like a chump

VPP COUNT: 77708

The first 6 hours I played today were just normal full-ring, full-stack poker. It all went pretty well, and I ended with a solid profit. I decided to shortstack 6max tables for the last 2 hours today, just to see what it's like and start to develop a strategy. I definitely ran bad, but also need to learn to play better shortstack.

I only ran at about 14/13, which probably isn't too bad, but could definitely do to improve. I am not used to being a shortstack postflop AT ALL. This is a major drawback right now, considering the shortstack is nearly unbluffable.

So I'll occasionally put in a session or two of shortstacking, and just keep working on my game there. It will be more of an extra-curricular activity than anything.

No comments: