Saturday, January 19, 2008

SNE Quest - Day 17-18: Getting back on pace

VPP COUNT: 63039

Well, I didn't do an update for Thursdays' play... mostly because I only put in 2 hours and it was not a great experience. I dropped a coke on my surge protector in the afternoon, and had to shut everything down for a couple hours while I figured out what to do. I eventually bought a new one and put in one session late at night. It did not go well.

Friday, however, was a great day. I put in all 8 hours and had some very nice results. I am still only at 29 hours for the week, which should hopefully be 36-38 by the end of today (Saturday). At my current VPP rate, I'll probably need to put in a full workday today, Sunday, and Monday to keep up with my 25kVPP/week pace. At that rate, I should have over 75k vpps by Monday, the 21st. 100k vpps per month would be a great rate, and would keep me on pace for 1 milestone bonus per month starting February. Not bad at all.

I watched a full-ring 18-tabling video by "loosefer" yesterday, and was fairly surprised at his play. For the most part I agree with his overall strategy and betting style, but in general I found nothing spectacular. There were quite a few situations where I would have tried to steal with any 2 cards (tight players to the left) and he passed on the opportunity. He did take advantage of limpers better than I generally do though, and I'll be taking that as a lesson and trying to apply it to my game.

That's about it for me today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, thanks for visiting my Blog (I figured you might find it). And just so you know, I HATE playing against you (but that doesn't mean I'm going to be weak :p). Since we're trading blog links, here's mine (not that you didn't already find it): http://slyjeff.wordpress.com.

Also, regarding the Loosefer video, I think he has to pass up a lot of opportunities when 18 tabling. He is definitely capable of making plays, but he's aware he gives up a lot playing that many tables. In fact, for that reason he's dropped down to fewer tables to increase his rate.

I agree with you about punishing limpers though- I started doing it a lot more after watching that vid and it dramatically increased my winnings. Until people like you start exploiting me exploiting them!

Gl at the tables.