Friday, January 11, 2008

SNE Quest - Day 11: The Low-Hanging Fruit

VPP COUNT: 43623

Yesterday pretty much woke me up to the fact that I moved up much faster than I probably should have, and really was not table-selecting enough to compensate for it. I am still game for a 3/6 table, but unless it is especially juicy, I wont be sitting.

I decided to somewhat-copy another regular, studboy1. Studboy table selects games between 100 and 600 buyin, and is constantly looking for a better seat. I've got a lot of respect for that guy, and he is definitely someone worth imitating. So, today about 3k of my 9.5k hands were 100NL, and those tables basically made up for the losses at NL200+.

At the end of this massive cooler of a day (I ran real bad) I was still up just a bit. My Won$SD was 46% overall, which is ridiculously low. Even more than that, most of that low W$SD came from my 400$ tables, where I pretty much experienced nothing but coolers.

The only hand that I probably should have laid down was...
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1927941

Opponent was running at something like 25/3/1, and he called PFRs about 13% of the time. I had pegged him as a passive donk. When he pushed the turn, I talked myself into a call by saying "K9s-KJs are in his range". I neglected the fact that he is extremely passive, and probably would have just called my turn bet with those hands. AK, 55, and 44 are the only hands that make much sense for him - and I didn't beat any of those. Ah well - I *definitely* had to bet the turn, so the remaining 250 was all I could have saved.

Aside from the coolers and lack of solid hands, I thought I played amazingly well. I ran at 16/12 with 38% steal and aggression of 4.7/3.3/1.6. River aggression always goes up when I get better cards as well. If I keep playing the way I did today, I will do extremely well over the long haul.



I also gave someone the nickel of shame today. I posted it in BBV on 2+2, but didn't get much love - My sense of humor is probably a bit off for the general public :)

P.S. 100NL is cake compared to 200

No comments: