Wednesday, January 23, 2008

SNE Quest - Day 20-22: Breaking through the break-even

VPP COUNT: 72022
Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were all pretty rough. According to PokerEV, I'm quite a few buyins below expectation. This is obviously giving me a big hit to my overall winnings. Fortunately, I am gradually working my way back up, and above that stupid break-even line that I've been below for the past couple weeks. It sure is a good thing my first week of SNE pursuit went so incredibly well.

I am now above 130 hours for the month, which is nearly a (monthly) record by itself. There are 9 days left in the month, and I should be well over my goal of 160. I expect to hit about 180 by the time all is said and done.

At the very minimum, I will need about 15k more VPPs to stay on pace for Supernova. My goal is to reach 100k by the end of Jan, and give myself a decent little cushion. 100k VPPs per month would be a perfect pace. This would leave me enough padding for my upcoming vacation/honeymoon, and give me the option of reaching 1.25m vpps by the end of the year for an extra bonus.

Mary has been back in school for a week now, and we've been adjusting decently. It is pretty much impossible for me to play poker while I'm babysitting though, because Sophy's naps are rarely more than 2 hours. Mary is also in need of some kind of job, which would cause even more disruption in my SNE schedule. So many adjustments to be made... Ah well, we'll work through it.

This hand is actually from this mornings session (Wednesday, 23rd) but I wanted to post it now, because it was pretty cool.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1983347
The other player in this hand lost a 1200+ pot during the previous hand, and I decided he was tilt-pushing. This is a very tricky situation, though. If I am in his situation, I like to fake a tilt-push if I happen to get a monster after losing a big pot. So it is difficult to tell if his play is real tilt, or faked tilt. Fortunately, my read was correct and I took down a major pot.

Rahr!

No comments: