Sunday, January 20, 2008

SNE Quest - Day 18-19: Fighting through

VPP COUNT: 67946

I didn't update yesterday because I only put in 3 hours, and they weren't all that exciting. I ended the day down a bit.

Today started absolutely horribly. I dropped quite a bit of money within a short period of time when I began my session. The rest of the day was just grinding it back. Still ended the day down, but in much better shape than I was before. The VPPs toward elite are nice too.

So far this year, I've averaged about 3.4k vpps per day including weekends. If I continue at this rate, I'll be around 105k by the end of January. 100k/month was my target rate, and I'm happy with the way things have been going so far.

I have been putting in a very solid amount of time, balancing the household/family, and really not stressing out too much about getting in the hours. I started my SNE training on Dec. 19th, so I've been keeping up this lifestyle for a full month now - even through the holidays - I'm feeling pretty good!

In other news, I checked my year-long graph, and it looks like I'm in about a 80k hand breakeven streak. Oddly enough, I haven't really been too effected by it. I had 2 massive downswing days last week, resulting in my biggest extended downswing ever. That downswing lasted until the 10th or so, and it has just been a gradual increase since then.

I'm going to my Dad's for dinner tomorrow, so I'll probably only be able to get about 6 hours in.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1970783
This is my biggest losing hand of the night. RobHunt1 was the table mark, running at about 60/20 over a short period of time. We both built up a decent stack, and this hand was the result.

The only really debatable move is the river. His play pretty much indicated that he had spades, or QT, or some other hand that got there. I could not make myself fold though. I figure he shows up with A7/AJ/A9, maybe even KJ/K9 a decent % of the time, and I'm getting 5:1 on my call. Just unfortunate that he hit his backdoor.

Ah well, that's it for tonight.

No comments: