Monday, January 28, 2008

SNE Quest - Day 27-28: A Fumble, and a Recovery

VPP COUNT: 90027

Yesterday was my first full day off of poker this year, and it was probably not all that helpful. It was nice having a break, but I eventually just felt sluggish and lazy.

I started today off just terribly. I had a bit of a headache, and did not have a great feeling about the day, but I forced through it and decided to put in some time. I made a big dumbass move after about 30 minutes of starting. Check out this brilliant hand.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2013974

My play on the turn was just awful.
1) Even though it was a blind battle, even AA doesn't fight this hard for this kind of board.
2) The only way he calls my push on the turn is if I'm beat, so I'm just burning money
3) Even a call would be incorrect, as I've still got 1 card to fall, and I don't like most of them.
Though I do support my flop bet/call. That was fine. The turn should have been a clear fold.

Ah well, 400$ torched.


Despite the awful first session, I followed it up with 6 solid hours of cheapass shortstacking. I ended the day in the positive, and passed the 90k vpp mark that I had set for myself. Things are going pretty well.

No comments: